Sunday, March 23, 2014

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children




Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children


 

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, # 1)



DESCRIPTION 


A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. A strange collection of very curious photographs.

 It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow—impossible though it seems—they may still be alive.

A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.






MY REVIEW
 
So, I wasn't really excited to read this book at first. When I first flipped through it and saw the pictures I thought it would be a horror story. My dad was actually the one who picked it up in the store and said he would never let a book like this come into his house. Funny though because he was the one who ended up buying it for me. Sooo...Thanks Dad! Anyway this book was amazing! And I can't believe they're making a movie on it with Tim Burton (Whom I love! Love HIM) as the director.
I loved the main character Jacob, even though he didn't seem as a very strong character to me. He succumbed to what society believed as normal and thought of himself as gullible and crazy, in the beginning. But boy did he get whooped on his ass when he discovered all Grandpa Abe's story were actually true. I mean come on, if your grandpa shows you old looking pictures they are real. Unless of course your grandfather likes to play jokes on you and make you get bullied in school.
I hate what circumstances he had to find the Miss Peregrine's house. I hate when people die in books it makes me sooo sad! And I also don't really like Emma. Don't get me wrong she was a strong character but she seemed a little...errrrm annoying if you will. Very persistent which was good and annoying with was bad. But she was kind of a feminist in everyway and I liked that about her a lot.
Did anyone else think that Emma should have gone out with Millard? Just saying they seemed pretty close and cozy throughout the book. They were always together.
I found the relationship between Jacob and Emma kind of weird....I like to think of Jacob as Abe's reincarnation. That way it won't be so weird.  I mean I honestly think the only reason she likes Jacob is because he looks like Abe and has the SAME ability as Abe.
I didn't like the ending of the book. I just didn't. It ended a bit to fast for my liking. To many things seemed to happen at once. It was like the conflict actually came at the end of the book, which was alright I guess. But then the end was kind of rushed. And I don't like the decision he made because it was rash and he made it under pressure. His pressure being Emma and the dangers he was facing.
Anyway! I really liked the book and would recommend it to anybody to read. Unless you're not into paranormal things and weird pictures. BTW...I read the book but did Jacob ever mention seeing the boy with the body of a dog? Because I honestly don't remember?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment